Sunday, May 30, 2010

Haitian Mother’s Day, Cake Bonanza & BBQ Bliss

Today was Mother’s Day in Haiti….

In my thoughts today were those mothers around the world eagerly awaiting their Haitian child….

In my thoughts today were all those Haitian women who had made the tough decision to give up their child in hopes of a better life- one they could not provide…

In my thoughts today were all those Haitian mothers, these woman are incredibly hard working, loving and devoted women and today was their day of appreciation.

In my thoughts today were all those mothers who lost their children in the earthquake, today was a very difficult today and I hope they could find strength and comfort in their surrounding friends and family. There are many Haitian women with whom I interact with on a daily basis (GLA staff) that were hurting today over the children they have lost, please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Otherwise, today was a day of rest. I had a lazy morning and headed down to the Main House in the late afternoon to get in some baby loving and to help prepare for our big Sunday BBQ. There was cake made last night for dessert that went relatively untouched, so I decided to treat two of my boys. I brought them down (right before their dinner – opps!), sat them in the highchairs and plopped cake in front of them. It started out on plates but soon ended up on the table, then in the chair and then eventually on the floor. They consumed very little of it- but they enjoyed the special treat :)

The wknd 011

The wknd 016

The wknd 022

The wknd 023

Then it was time for our treat… dinner on Sunday is not provided and so we usually piece together something from the cupboard or fridge but today that was not the case! A couple of the staff and long term volunteers decided to have a BBQ with all the trimmings. Although I didn't have a huge hand in the preparation-  I sure did enjoy that taste of home! We even brought up a couple of the babes for dessert- can you tell I have a favourite?

The wknd 027

The wknd 029

It was such a fun night, we all enjoyed each other’s company and the kids also enjoyed the pyjama party!

The wknd 032

The wknd 033 Kisses all around ;)

The wknd 034

No comments:

Post a Comment