Monday, May 3, 2010

Everyday a whirlwind!

Its been a long day and I am exhausted so this is going to be a short one!
Waking up this morning was tough- that singing and activity last night did me in!
I dont remember if I shared last night but I really hurt my foot sliding down the waterfall yesterday, it really ached when I went to bed last night but when I woke up this morning it throbed, the walk down to the toddler house was quite interesting---- and painful!
Leave it to me to get hurt wherever I go lol
A group of us headed up to fort jacque to finish some of the packages for distribution- it was a super productive day we finsihed all hygiene packs and first aid packs and even completed some tubs for distribution. The staff were given a tub each as well and one of the nannies came up to the property today to collect hers- she is such a sweeeeeet lady and you could just tell she was so so grateful. They will be going into a tent city community on thursday I believe but I dont thinkI will be going along, I dont think they want a huge group and they want to give everyone the opportunity to do it- those that are here for a shorter period of time will go this time around and I willl go next time. I am looking forward to that.
When we got back to the main house there were SO many people on the balcony I was just overwhelmed, we got 8 new volunteers this afternoon 4 adults and 4 young teens (to add to our already large # of 11)- and almost all the babies were up there- as awesome as it is to have volunteers I would much rather a more peaceful setting both selffishly and for the babes. I think it is sometimes a bit much for them and so much of a transition for them with some many people around.
Tonight was quiet, we washed up and chatted and I am just now ready to head to bed. I was told however that last night around 12:30 midnight we had an aftershock 4.4 on the scale, and again this afternoon--> I didnt feel either of them. It amazes me that we are still experiencing them almost 4 months later.
Anyway I think the long jam packed days are starting to catch up with me. Resting up to be bright eyed tomorrow.
Love you all!
More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment