Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Bonnuit Ti Bou

Before heading home to the Toddler House tonight I went upstairs to give goodnight kisses. The babes are always hyped up- in their sleepers- lotioned and powered up- just rearing to go whether the nannies like it or not. I love this, I love the snuggles and the lap sharing, I rarely have less than two kids in my arms, one hugging each leg and someone else bouncing into me- these are the moments I treasure.

Little J who is usually ready with a dimpled smile is unfortunately not feeling so hot tonight, he is laying on his back in a crib with a cold cloth over his tummy and one over his forehead, he was just breaking my heart whimpering and looking at me with those sad eyes- he has been sick for a couple days now, please keep him in your thoughts and prayers tonight.

Regardless how tired I am, how worn out I feel or how spaced out I may be- there is NO better cure than a squeeze from one of these precious babes. We come here thinking that we will bestow all of our love and affection on these littles guys taking nothing for ourselves and we are quickly reminded that this is impossible- these children are so full of love and they just snatch your heart the moment you meet them. I think I finally have all their names down, I am quickly learning each and everyones personality- their likes and dislikes and thier temperments- I dread the day already when I have to leave these little ones behind.
Bonnuit everyone- give all those babes back home a squeeze for me and a ti bou (little kiss) especially thinking about my bros tonight wishing they could be here with me so I may have the best of both worlds.
More soon....

1 comment:

  1. They miss you too Britt! "Bigger than you!"

    ReplyDelete