Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Delayed writing...

Hey all! Sorry it has been so long since I last wrote, the last couple days have been a whirlwind AND our internet at the Toddler House hasnt been working and we rarely ahve enough time to write here at the main house... I am writing quickly this morning just to check in. After the tent city on Friday I was violently sick ALL wknd, I just started feeling better yesterday but some foods are just not appealing anymore- mainly the rice and beans that we eat daily- so peanut butter on buns has been the alternate lol. Being sick and worn down made me a bit homesick which freaked me out a bit because I still have 1.5 months left here...
Things are on the up and up now though- Monday we had a normal day up on the balcony- I played with all of my babies and took some individual pictures of them which are all super cute I will try to post some soon :)
Yesterday we went on a distribution to Calbasse- a small community just 15 minutes from Fort Jacque a bit higher in the mountain- this was such an interesting experience- I dont have all the time in the world to reflect upon it at this time but hopefully I will soon- but I will say this- it wash heartbreaking to see the need in the community which we hardly were able to touch with the 100 bags. NO aid organization has reached the mountain and thus this was the first time they have recieved any attention since the quake. After recieving her bag full of blankets, clothes, hygiene items and first aid items a woman approached me and said "God Bless"- she went on to explain in broken english that she has yet to see "us" around here and she was very thankful for what we have brought today. This woman really touched my heart.
I headed down the mountain back to the Main House for an afternoon with baby loving----
More soon... I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment