Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Gang

Hi Everyone- My Name is E!

Mid May- 091

I turned 1 at the beginning of this month, I am a super fun loving kind of guy, I enjoy my time on the balcony especially if it involves climbing up and down Brittnei! Recently I have been trying REALLY hard to start walking, I am standing all on my own and clap everytime to make sure that everyone sees me doing it. I think I can take a few steps before Brittnei leaves to go home! This week Brittnei has been working up at the new property where our new orphanage is being built, I know she is doing important work there but we miss her around here. When I see her walk into the nursery at the end of the day for short visit before her dinner I light right up and offer up a couple giggles too – we have really become buddies. I am looking forward to some balcony time tomorrow. It was really great meeting you all, I will try to send more updates soon (maybe I will be walking by that point!!!)

 

HEY ALL- My name is W!

Day 4-6 002

Don’t let me fool you with this sly grin, I have perfected the gummy smile :) I am turning 1 in just a couple days (I am SO excited for the party which I hear involves chocolate pudding?!) I am such a sweet little girl- take it from me, I enjoy a good snuggle but I am also taking some time to grow and develop with the help of my new friend Brittnei. Brittnei is the longest volunteer I have had- and I am SO thankful, I reward her with big smiles and giggles when she walks into the nursery- but I also tend to throw a fit when she brings me back (just to remind her how much I like it up there!). Soon I will be walking just like all those other guys, I have finally relented to practicing my standing and in no time at all I will be able to do it all on my own. I hope you will check in soon so I can update you on my progress, very nice meeting you :)

 

HOWDY! I’m JR….

Mid May- 016 Mid May- 015

You have heard all about me I’m sure…. don't believe anything they are saying ;) I am already one and I am MOVING.. with just a couple days with Brittnei I decided it was about time to get  these little legs moving…. and now I am unstoppable! I am a little mischievous but easy to love, I enjoy a good laugh (at another’s expense if necessary) but I also schedule in some cuddle time. The last couple days I haven’t been feeling 100% so I have awarded Brittnei just a little more cuddle time. I really enjoy it when Brittnei brings me for walks outside the orphanage gates, one time she sat me on this green stuff and it was soft, tickly and a little prickly at the same time- although I pitched a fit in the beginning I grew to enjoy it and we watched a good soccer match sitting on what she tells me is “grass”. Me and Brittnei have really grown tight over the weeks, I am sure going to miss her around here when she leaves, she always makes an effort to give me a kiss or a squeeze even if it isn’t my turn up on the balcony. I am excited for tomorrow when she is here ALL day which means I might get a couple hours in ;) Nice to meet you all… more soon!

 

Hello Hello, my name is B!

 102_1377

I am about 2.5 months now and I am growing fast…. just this afternoon Brittnei called me fat in front of all the other girls… I would prefer pleasantly plump :) I am not just a snuggle bug anymore, in fact if I am awake I don't enjoy cuddling at all! I have grown to like the swing, I even have some fun sitting in the Bumbo seat with a couple bright toys in front of me- I can see so many new colours and designs these days its fabulous. Sadly, the other day the nurse told me I had scabies….. but thankfully that didn't scare my new friend away (although I think I  heard her praying that she doesn't get them)- but just so you know I am good as new after a little treatment!! I am excited to spend some more time with Brittnei over these next couple weeks, I am growing so fast and learning new things it is fun to share these with someone special who is all my own. Very nice to meet you!

Brittnei here… I thought I would let the little guys tell you a little something about themselves since they have become such a big part of my life. They are truly AMAZING children and I am growing to love them more and more everyday, I am excited to share more with you soon so you can share in some of the joy they give me everyday.

More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment