Monday, January 31, 2011

When one door closes, another door opens.

These past few days have been a whirlwind. I received some difficult news on Saturday afternoon- the trip I would be co leading in March has been cancelled due to the risk that is associated with the scheduled presidential elections scheduled for the same week.

I was heartbroken, not only had I worked so hard to prepare and attend all the prep meetings- but I was really looking forward to getting back to Haiti- a light at the end of the tunnel for me.

After I pulled myself out from under the cloud of self-pity I searched for another way to get back…… so back to GLA I go. I will have the opportunity to reconnect with the babies I left behind 8 months ago and spend time with the staff that I have come to love!

Although the details still need to be worked out and a couple minor hurtles still need to be surmounted… I am elated.

I can’t hardly wait!

See you soon Miss W and Mr. E !

No comments:

Post a Comment