Thursday, February 10, 2011

Def: Mentor/ Def: Role Model

Men-tor (noun)

1. a wise and trusted counsellor or teacher.

Role Model (noun)

1. a person whose behaviour, example, or success is or can be emulated by others.

I am so incredibly blessed to have a number of trusted mentors  and role models. These are individuals who have guided me through very important milestones, provided me with tough advice, told me what others wouldn't have the guts to say and celebrated my accomplishments along the way.

Although I pride myself on my independence, my strong will and my determination; I find it just as important to recognize the strong mentors and role models that guide my decisions whether through direct advice or demonstrated commendable examples.

As it seems, this year proves to be a challenging one- one and half months in I have already been faced with difficult decisions, tough family news and internal strife. While struggling to remain positive, hopeful and determined – I am continually supported from all facets of life- those close by and those far away. Challenged faith and weakened spirit always seems strong when you are surrounded by such amazing people. I am SO thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment