Friday, April 29, 2011

Missing it all tonight

As this month as progressed I couldn’t help but reflect on what this time last year looked like. April is coming to an end- which means  last year I was in Haiti. I couldn’t remember the exact date I landed but looking back on my blog posts from last year the memories came flooding back.
This time last year I was already in Haiti a couple days, I had already unloaded 4 transport trucks full of supplies, became acquainted  with the GLA neighbourhood again- well enough to lead the group down in the morning. I had been introduced to my four babies- W, B, E, JR. I was quickly learning the names and personalities of ALL the babies at the baby house and I sounded SO happy from the tone of my writing.

I am missing ALL of that tonight. My connection with Haiti, my relationship with those babies and the wholeness I feel when I am there is just indescribable. 

These pictures are from April 28, 2010…

Day 1 and 2 029Day 1 and 2 061

Day 1 and 2 038Day 1 and 2 050

Missing you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment