Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happiness is….

I feel as though lately I have been surrounded by a lot of negativity. Grumbling or complaining, stress or challenges, venting, selfishness. Whatever it may be.

In relationships whether it be with family, friends  or coworkers it is often necessary to be a sounding board for them, to support them and help/ guide them through a bad day or a series of bad days. And I am COMPLETELY committed to that.

But BOY can negativity bring me down.

Well, tonight I found a remedy. I spent the entire night LAUGHING.  No not one sided unstable laughter, just light hearted conversation and silly comments that instigated laughter all night.

And  man did it feel good.

People are fond of counting their troubles, but they do not count their joys.  If they counted them up as they ought to, they would see that every lot has enough happiness provided for them.  ~Fyodor Dostoevsky

Although one can never forget about the heavy issues weighing on their hearts- for me it might be worries for my family and friends, it might be the social issues I am so passionate about, it might be work related stress- but it is also important to count all the blessing and all the sources of happiness among those worries.

The joy of family and friends. The joy of  citizenship. The joy I receive back from my work.

I challenge all readers to take note of those joys tonight and take time to LAUGH. Laughter really is the best cure of all.

 

 

Ohio Jan 2010 019

 

IMG_5101

Wrapping up 2010 042

Goodbye  H 114

199330_10150117751003635_500968634_6453251_421734_n

hahahahaahahahahahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment