Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Great Balancing Act

This time last year I was finishing up my last year of university, starting to pack for a two month stay in Haiti and training for my new job with Free the Children and Me to We. Life was grand.

A year later I am still doing the balancing act, but unfortunately a trip to Haiti is not in the mix… yet.

Tonight as I “organized my life” as I refer to the great task of tidying/ doing laundry/ completing errands- preparing for another busy week. I couldn’t help but notice that “Haiti” has taken a back seat the last couple weeks. I work really hard to stay connected- to my friends, to the social issues, to the political happenings- to the country as a whole, but recently I have slipped up.

Life got in the way.

Ayiti, m’ap sonje ou!

As I head to bed I will be saying a prayer for all the amazing people who have touched my life during my visits and “my babies”. I have not forgotten about you, I care about you all very much and I hope to see you soon. Mwen renmen ou xo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment