Thursday, April 7, 2011

Boundless Boundaries

I have been working for Me to We/ Free the Children for 10 months.

 

Over those 10 months I have facilitated 3 weeks of our Take Action Academy- a summer camp for incredibly passionate and committed world changers.

I have delivered over 70 one hour speeches to grade 9/10 students across Ontario. A speech focused on advocacy and fighting apathy within our local population. Encouraging students to CARE about local and global issues.

I have facilitated numerous Global Leadership Seminars along with my incredibly talented co-workers.

I was part of a team of 7 people responsible for the energy and enthusiasm of 18,000 young people during the 3rd annual We Day. A rock concert for social change.

39580_10150281878815720_557430719_15194217_1382352_n[1]

I have completed valuable professional development- speech writing, facilitation, advocacy etc.

Jam PACKED 10 months eh?

This summer as I approach my 1 year, I will be facilitating 2 summer trips through Me to We to our Free the Children development projects.

The first departs on June 29th for Kenya. Returning July 15th after two weeks of school building, safari and community mobilization. I am really looking forward to going BACK!

The second departs on July 21st for India. Returning August 12th after three weeks of the same. I am beyond excited to experience this incredibly amazing country and its culture!

Yes you read that correctly.

I AM GOING TO

KENYA AND INDIA!

I have the coolest job!

Oh and I have plans to return to Haiti to support a friend of mine, Rhyan Buettner who is starting up a new project for children living with HIV/AIDS called Espwa Berlancia. Check out her blog and her website.

http://www.becausehecalled.blogspot.com/

http://www.espwaberlancia.org/index.html

Best Summer Ahead! Stay Tuned…

No comments:

Post a Comment