Saturday, June 19, 2010

Don't Cry Because Its Over, Smile Because It Happened

Wow it has been an emotional week, I am still struggling with being home- getting sucked into the fast paced North American culture with little time to just sit down, reflect and have some time to myself. I have surronded myself with family and friends but the hardest part is knowing that NO one knows what is in my heart and how much my heart is aching for those babies and those close friends I left behind in Haiti.
Yesterday I headed to Sarnia to be around some "Haiti" friends and I dont know if it was a good or bad decision. Although it was comforting to know that they are genuinely interested, they want to know what I saw and they are supportive during this transition- they were all eager to hear about everything I did and everything I experienced and I don't think I was ready to share... I havent had the time to gather my emotions and organize my thoughts.
Nevertheless, the Rayjon Youth Committee came together today and ran a successful fundraiser BBQ and raised some funds for our development projects- it was an amazing day weather wise and spirit wise! We had some great volunteers and I had some amazing company.
Tonight I will take time for myself, I hope to post some more pictures soon as I know many are eager to see :)
More soon!

1 comment:

  1. I totally get where you are coming from. My pastor asked me if I would share about my trip on the Sunday after I got home. I had to tell him no because I didn't even know what I would've said at that point. It takes a while. I hope you are adjusting well. Miss you and Haiti!

    ReplyDelete