Friday, January 15, 2010

So very torn....

Last night I received an email that there is a need for volunteers RIGHT NOW at GLA. Immediately I was convinced that that was where I needed to be... I began to scramble... trying to contact my family and talk this over. My parents are in Jamaica on vacation and I have no way of contacting them right now. I emailed my profs asking if they would help be catch up if I did go for 2 weeks. I spent a very sleepless night mulling this over.... some have told me that 'someone else' will tend to their needs... 'someone else' will go... and this only further frustrates me. If everyone thought that way, waiting for 'someone else' to help we would live in a terrible world.
This morning I decided it is just not feasible, I would be jeopardizing my courses and thus my graduation in April....and there is no way I am leaving this country without contact with my parents. This was one of the hardest decisions I have EVER had to make. I know I belong there, so why do so many hurdles stand in my way? I just hope the staff, volunteers and children of GLA know that I am thinking of them constantly and wish more than anything that I could be there right now.
I hope that enough volunteers are able to get there and help manage the immense task of running that orphanage in a time of crisis.
Please keep everyone in Haiti in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment