Friday, April 6, 2012

“Play” is a universal language

I had the opportunity to hang out with this lovely group of kids this morning from a local school here in Udaipur …..

IMG_8223

Indian education is very “proper” the students sit quietly, stand when answering a question, use “ma’am” and “sir”, ask before entering a classroom, and speak only when spoken to. So when I was asked to run a leadership workshop I was a little worried that it wasn't going to be the energetic session I am used to.

But boy was I wrong….

IMG_8225

With a little coaxing they were ready to blindfold their peers, run around in circles and scream at the top of their lungs.

IMG_8219

IMG_8208  IMG_8209

IMG_8213

AND while having fun we also created an action plan that they are going to complete to raise awareness about poverty in their own country!

Although their English was spotty and their learning style is different…

PLAY is a universal language.

No comments:

Post a Comment