Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Endlessly changing horizon

"...The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun." -Christopher McCandless, Into the Wild

I imagine one day I will have it all figured out, I will know the correct course, I will have a "plan”. But for the time being I find comfort this this quote- there is value in a endlessly changing horizon.

My horizon is about to change in a very literal way, my longest trip away from “home”. This past weekend I had the chance to head back to the “homeland” and say goodbye to my family and a couple of good friends.

I HATE goodbyes! They were brutal, squeezing my little brothers 'wanting them to never let go but knowing they don’t understand how LONG 5 months will be. Hugging my parents trying to remember the feeling so I can relish it on those rough days when I am oceans away. Laughing with friends- hoping the connection doesn't fade. Snuggling my puppies and giving them so much love so they don't hold a grudge for my extended absence.

Every goodbye makes the next hello closer” right?

When I start to freak out about the time away I have to remind myself that “the joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences”… so here’s to new experiences, new challenges and a joyful life journey!

I am off in a few short days! Looking forward to some quality time with quality people before boarding that plane!

Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment