Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I need Haiti more than Haiti needs me….

Today my heart grew heavier every hour that passed as I sat behind a computer screen.

Even heavier as I read about close friends and mentors working away, doing what they can IN Haiti- while I can only hope and dream of the next opportunity to get back.

Today it was more than “missing Haiti”, today it felt like a need. A need to get back, a need to do what I was made of. A need to reconnect with what makes me ME-

maybe selffishly- knowing that my need to get back balanced with the daily devastation in Haiti doesn't add up- perhaps they don’t need me… maybe I need them.

For a little perspective I treated myself to a walk down memory lane- Mid May- 022

Standing in the clouds. Watching them roll in and lose sight of your feet beneath you.

Mid May- 048

Standing in the back of the truck, wind blowing in your hair, hands gripped to the side rails. Simplicity at its finest.

Mid May- 057

Mid May- 055

The market sights and sounds, smiling worn out faces, wafting of unidentified smells.

Rhyan 049

Curious strangers and uninhibited friendliness.

102_1374

Water fights. Enough said.

102_1375 IMG_3294

Relishing the little things in life. Homemade kites…

carson

…Friendship

Day 1 and 2 033

Abundance of cuddles. Unrestrained love and affection.

I think its clear….

I need Haiti more than Haiti needs me.

No comments:

Post a Comment