Sunday, July 1, 2012

Don’t sweat the small stuff… or DO!

I have been challenged, tried, tested, pushed… and so lately I have found comfort in small ‘wins’- relishing in the small stuff.

The phone calls with good friends at home- having honest encouraging chats and maintaining that connection to the incredible support network that awaits me at home. Also the lovely surprise photos sent with love  “your boys miss you!”

IMG-20120608-WA000

The 5 minute skype call with the little bros, the seemingly meaningless conversation that keeps me smiling through to the next day. “Brittnei doesn’t live in India she lives in Toroooooonto!!!”- Dawson (4) to Dennis (8)

The long awaited arrival of a friend here in Udaipur… the LONG hug and midnight chats. The subsequent belly laughs in the days afterwards… feels SO good to genuinely LAUGH and about the silliest things.

The pro bono fix of the tights malfunction- that hole seemed like the end of the world that day. (Check out that ‘henna-d’ beard!)

IMG00128-20120630-1556

Finding oregano and basil in the grocery store after MONTHS of searching for me… and the subsequent eggplant lasagna that I made in celebration.

The debut of the Disney video filmed in May and the relief of not looking as sweaty and gross as I felt when it was shot! Check it out

Taking a tally of these small wins makes those challenges much more manageable. I really am one lucky lady- having a fantastic family, phenomenal friends and opportunities for growth coming from every direction- what more can I ask for #realitycheck

(no I don’t have twitter- it just seemed fitting!)

 

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment