Friday, July 13, 2012

Absence makes the heart grow fonder…

Cheesy maybe but SO true. I had no idea how much I would miss those close to me when I couldn’t make a visit happen on a whim.

It sure is hard to be away from my little bros- their world changes to often and I sure hope they remember their big sister -who is across the ocean- is thinking of them everyday.

And then there is the parents… I’ve got 4 of them…they all support me, challenge me and encourage me in so many ways. The time away has made me SO thankful for these 4 fine individuals!

My fam, my friends, my pups, my little ‘niece’ and ‘nephew’s, my coworkers- a note to all of you…. SEPTEMBER can’t come soon enough!

Aside from missing y’all I have been so incredibly busy. We currently have 4 groups of youth here in Udaipur, we have seen 3 groups leave already and we have 2 groups that have yet to arrive.

It has been a whirlwind couple of weeks- so incredibly challenging and overwhelming. There is not a day that goes by that I don’t question my own sanity for choosing to take this all on… but nevertheless I continue to push on. I find those moments- however fleeting- to remind myself of the bigger picture and the ripple affect of my long hours, little sleep and intense stress!

Because my personal life is pretty non existent these days I have turned to exercise as an outlet and a minimum of an hour a day just for me. Yes I sometimes have to check a text message or answer a call mid squat but HEY- I am trying here!

And it all seems a little bit more manageable when I have some friendly faces floating in and out of my day…. last week a good friend arrived in country and  I have never been SO grateful for a squeeze!
Britt and Bria

I will be home in T- 77 days! See you soon? and in the meantime stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment