Friday, March 2, 2012

A new chapter

The last year I have been blessed with many incredible opportunities. I have faced challenges and been rewarded with many successes. I am constantly surrounded by good people with huge hearts and am always backed by a strong support network on the home front aka my family. As I prepare to begin my next chapter it is on those opportunities and those successes that I reflect upon and that incredible network  I rely upon.

I have taken a new position with Me to We (same organization) as Manager of Leadership and Trips Programming in our India office. I will be spending much of Spring and Summer in India with occasional stays in Kenya and a return home in the fall with a 2 year contract.

As you have read from past trips, I admire India.I love the culture, the communities we work in have really captured my heart and I am passionate about the opportunities we provide young people to travel, give back and learn first hand about poverty, development and the responsibility that comes with global citizenship.

This is by far the biggest challenge I have ever taken on, I fully expect to have highs and lows. I expect to long for a drink with friends, a lazy movie night with the girls, a snuggle with my puppies, a walk in the woods with my brothers, a warm hug from my parents  and the smiling faces of a bustling office BUT the confidence I have my relationships and in my ability to ROCK this new position and support our team in India through exponential growth and development will carry me through!

I head off on Sunday for a month returning for a month in Toronto before the big move in May.

The next chapter begins in a matter of days… read on!

No comments:

Post a Comment