Wednesday, December 21, 2011

With beauty comes challenges

This region of India is beautiful. Not always the typical definition of beautiful- given the heaps of garbage piled in alleyways due to lack of garbage disposal and the smelly water that runs down the roadways- but beautiful its own way. And I am so thankful for the opportunity to come back. I love the colors, the hustle and bustle of the city, the chaos of the market. I love the breathtaking mountains and the little smiling faces we pass. I love its complexity and its culture, a culture I have yet to figure out completely- another thing I love about it.

This trip was not without its challenges, I had a difficult group that challenged me to facilitate in a different way and to modify my “routine”.  I facilitated alone which came with a new set of challenges, and  I facilitated during the Christmas season-  my FAVOURITE time of the year (this was a selfish challenge of course!).

But nevertheless the trip was a success. I want to share a little bit of my trip through some of my favorite pictures.

IMG_7708

The blessing ceremony with the local priest.

IMG_7718

IMG_7750

IMG_7744

The “water walk” with the local woman

IMG_7780

The Bagad community

IMG_7787

The group after completing their goal on the build site

IMG_7794

IMG_7803

IMG_7806

IMG_7820

The Kumbhalgarh Fort (the worlds second largest wall  after the Great Wall of China)

IMG_7829

IMG_7830

IMG_7841

Monsoon Palace

IMG_7851

Mt. Abu

I don’t think I could ever say I “did” India and I hope I get the opportunity to keep coming back.

Now as I prepare to begin the trek home  I am really looking forward to everything Christmas…. family time, Christmas movies, hot chocolate, snuggles with the pups, relaxation and ME time…. OH and giving everyone the little treasures I collected here in Udaipur!

No comments:

Post a Comment