Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Send Off

I am surprised I still have friends, the little time I get to spend with them.

But, with We Day season over I found myself with a wide open weekend, that was quickly filled with quality time spent with friends sharing drinks and so many laughs!

Knowing I will be missing the Christmas season while I am gone, they all humored me with a “Merrygiving”- a American thanksgiving dinner for our American friend and an early Christmas dinner for me!

I prepared the roasted chicken while everyone else brought a side or a bottle of wine, the house filled quickly and the food disappeared just as quick

but the best part of all was the opportunity we had to connect, laugh and NOT talk about work!

I am  so thankful for this beautiful group of people- I couldn't have asked for a better send off.

As I write I am preparing to board my flight to Hong Kong, in a few short days I will be delivering a key note address to hundreds of students at a Service Summit for the Hong Kong International School. This is not my first speech, but this is the first speech I have written where I had 100% creative freedom and it is both exciting and terrifying!

Stay tuned! Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment