Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A day of “firsts”

Most definitely not in Kansas/Toronto anymore, everything is different yet not completely foreign. The streets are bustling, markets are brimming, I tower over most and most definitely stick out like a sore thumb but the city has captured my attention.

Hong Kong is incredible, I arrived this morning (Tuesday) after 19 hours in the air over 48 hours, the longest trip I have taken yet and landing with only a hotel name- with no direction. Tried, smelly and unattractive I asked around and finally found a safe bet- taking the train to Hong Kong Island where I then grabbed a taxi (first taxi alone in a foreign country- CHECK!). The hotel is small, the room is even smaller. After a quick shower and meeting up with my facilitation partner we decided to start the adventure.

Despite my lack of sleep I was able to keep up and had an amazing day.

Being the tacky tourists we are we took the “Peak Tram” up the mountain side where we could see the view of the island coast and beyond….

IMG_7480

IMG_7491I preferred this view, the picture doesn’t do it justice I was beautiful!

In my glory as our adventures continued through markets- always my favorite attraction- the sights, the sounds and the glimpse inside the daily life, outside the tourist districts.

 IMG_7497

IMG_7498

IMG_7511 IMG_7515

Still plenty to do and see but this tired lady is packing ‘er in!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment