Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Something always brings me back to you, it never takes too long…

5 years ago this time I was preparing for my first trip to Haiti, this foreign island I didn’t know much about but that fascinated for me. Nothing could have prepared me for what I saw, what I experienced and how it would change me.

I met friends that would last a lifetime, and mentors that continue to guide me in all of my important decisions.

5 years later, those same mentors will be guiding me as a I embark on a totally new journey Co-Leading a trip to Haiti!

This time I am a little bit more prepared, I know the island, I love the culture and I have a feel for the language. I am knowledgeable about Haiti’s complexities and I have an interest in its future but yet there are so many new things ahead of me…

Sharing “my” Haiti with a fresh new set of eyes! I am over the moon excited.

A mere 5 months away! Ayiti Cherie, M’ap Sonje Ou!

No comments:

Post a Comment