Wednesday, March 10, 2010

8 weeks yesterday....

8 weeks ago Haiti was forever changed. 8 weeks ago I was reminded of my love for and commitment to the Haitian people. 8 weeks ago I struggled with the disconnect between my life here and my heart there... and that struggle continues.

Today and everyday since I have been thinking about and praying for those in Haiti.

8 weeks ago media was everywhere, you saw just as many white people amongst the ruble as you did Haitians, today that attention and that drive has dwindle- I encourage everyone to keep Haiti in your thoughts and prayers.

Remember those injured, those deceased and those struggling to rebuild their lives, their homes and their futures.

GLA is working diligently to address the local needs and to tend to the children that have arrived at their gates since the quake. Staff and volunteers are incredible!

Rayjon Haiti has been busy reassessing the development projects, tending to the staff and community we are so intimately connected to, and caring for (temporarily and permanently) abandoned children in what was once the local high school. A team of Rayjon people (from Sarnia ON) are headed there in a couple weeks to help, to comfort and to see what is left of our long standing projects. Please keep this group in your thoughts and prayers as they prepare for what they might see, hear and feel.

My return is scheduled for April 26th, 47 days today...I am eager, I am anxious and I am preparing for what I am going to experience.


When we think about Haiti.. please remember the positive nature of their people, the resiliency of their communities and the light of their lives. Remember these faces... I know I do!





These incredibly vibrant children of Gilbert are my daily reminder of Haiti's strength and endurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment