Saturday, September 15, 2012

“Book a ticket and just leave”

8796161742210441_e7PedVuM_b 

And that I did!

Now I am sitting in the airport in Goa bracing myself for the pile of work waiting for me in Udaipur. Silver lining? I am home to Canada in less than 2 weeks.

It has been a great little vacation- not what I expected- travelling solo to a deserted coastal town in India (didn’t think that one out fully!)- but worth it.

I spent the mornings walking  up and down the beach- such a stark contrast to the beeping horns, diesel filled air back in Udaipur. Mind you EVERYTHING has been a stark contrast to Udaipur- travelling just a couple hours south results in a completely different lifestyle, religion, language and cuisine.

The food was great, it rained for a total of 15 minutes (thank you MONSOON goddess for that little treat!) and I found some great company in the last couple days that made celebrating my birthday (without family and friends) much more enjoyable.

Just a couple “snaps” (I am just SO Indian in my vocab these days!)…

IMG_8663IMG_8667

The hidden pathway from my guest house to the beach & Candolim Beach.

I had a beautiful birthday exploring a hidden waterfall and checking out the Holy City- Old Goa with some beautiful old Catholic churches and ruins.

IMG_8685  IMG_8683

IMG_8691

IMG_8731IMG_8715

IMG_8739 IMG_8748

IMG_8733

The getaway was a SUCCESS.

Next stop…. Toronto in 13 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment